This is the makeup I wore when I left last Friday for my weekend Yosemite trip. Since it was snowing there, I got new matching North Face fleece pants and jacket in blue (they are super comfy!). I used the same MAC Holiday Palette from my Easy Brown Look (Devoted Poppy: 6 Classic Eyes) — this palette is great for creating all sorts of looks on the go. If you don’t have this palette, you might be able to find it at your local CCO (Cosmetics Company Outlet) or you can just use similar colors.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance (entire lid)
- MAC Devoted Poppy: 6 Classic Eyes Holiday Palette E/S in “Sweet Eyes” (highlight)
- MAC Devoted Poppy: 6 Classic Eyes Holiday Palette E/S in “Fall Deeply” (this is the blue color on the lower lid — it’s very similar to Milani “Blue Ice” E/S)
- MAC Devoted Poppy: 6 Classic Eyes Holiday Palette E/S in “Amourously” (apply on crease with a fluffy brush to make blending easier)
- MAC Devoted Poppy: 6 Classic Eyes Holiday Palette E/S in “In Awe” (outer V — blend towards outer and middle crease)
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in “Black Ink” (upper lash line)
- MAC Eye Kohl in “Smolder” (lower waterline)
- MAC Powder Blush in “Harmony” (contour)
- MAC Powder Blush in “Well Dressed” (apples of cheeks)
- MAC L/S in “Please Me”
On my way to Yosemite, I ate lunch at Sonic in Tracy, CA (the fast food restaurant that I always see in commercials but are hard to find nearby). Here’s a better view of my fleece outfit — I’m also eating tater tots!
I rented a cabin with my boyfriend and 5 of our friends. We came up with a delicious menu a week before our trip, and we each took care of cooking meals for everyone. I cooked Friday dinner and Sunday lunch:
We went snow shoeing during the day, hot tubbing at night (our cabin had an indoor jacuzzi and 2 outdoor hot tubs), and played several hours of video games (New Super Mario Bros, Boom Blox Bash Party, Smarty Pants, and Just Dance — all great multi-player games!).
I’m the one on the left wearing a cream-colored scarf.
We also made time for snowball fights, sliding down a snow hill, and making snowmen. I’m usually not a big fan of the cold, but the snow was beautiful and great company definitely made me forget that it was freezing!