MAC Cosmetics launched the Too Fabulous collection online on March 2, 2010 and in stores on March 4, 2010.
I picked up two items from this collection: Mineralize Blush Duo in “Rhapsody in Two” ($23.00) and Lip Pencil in “In Synch” ($13.00).
I have purchased a few MAC Mineralize Blush Duos in a previous collection (Grand Duos), but “Rhapsody in Two” is by far my favorite blush duo. It adds a touch of light pink color and a nice glow on my cheeks. Initially, I didn’t think it would show up much on my skin tone, but I purchased it anyway and was very pleased with the results. I like using this blush when I’m wearing dramatic eye shadow, since this blush is very light (but not too light that it doesn’t show up on me).
The lip pencil is such a pretty light pink color, and it is nicely paired with the blush. I like to block out my lip color with MAC Lip Erase Lip Balm in “Dim” before using this lip pencil to get the true color to show up on my lips.
Here’s a hot pink look that I came up with using both this blush and lip pencil. This look is inspired by the Too Fabulous picture above.
Most of the colors I used for this look came from the Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 Eye Shadow Palette. Since the palette doesn’t have names for the colors, here’s a picture of the palette where I circled the colors that I used. This is also a good way for those of you who do not have the palette to find colors similar to the ones I used.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance (entire lid and under lower lash line)
- Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 Eye Shadow Palette – hot pink E/S (lower lid)
- Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 Eye Shadow Palette – light pink E/S (blend along crease using a fluffy brush and windshield wiper motions)
- Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 Eye Shadow Palette – light cream E/S (highlight)
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in “Black Ink” (upper lash line)
- MAC Mineralize Blush Duo in “Rhapsody in Two” (on apples)
- MAC Lip Erase Lip Balm in “Dim” (to block out my natural lip color to get the true color of the lip pencil)
- MAC Lip Pencil in “In Synch”
- MAC Lipglass in “Honorable”
Be careful when using hot pink or any color with red pigment near your eyes though. I am allergic to certain types of red pigment, and for some reason the only bright pink eye shadow that I’m not allergic to is the one in the Coastal Scents palette (and it’s the cheapest one too!). Make sure to test any new makeup you want to use on a small area of your wrist for a few hours just to be safe!