Solvang is a city in California that was founded by Danish educators in 1911. I visited Solvang for the first time with my family when I was in 8th grade, and when I went there again this past weekend, it was just as cute and fun as I had remembered. Downtown Solvang is filled with Danish-inspired architecture, such as this windmill (one of many) and these shops (the flag also represents Denmark’s flag):
I did a simple EOTD, since I wanted to start my day earlier (stores close early at 5pm).
- Apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance on entire lid.
- Line upper lash line with a black pencil, like MAC Eye Kohl in “Smolder”.
- Smudge the black pencil with a MAC 219 Pencil Brush.
- Apply MAC E/S in “Honey Lust” on center lower lid to inner corner.
- Apply MAC E/S in “Satin Taupe” on outer V and blend along crease.
- Use MAC E/S in “Vanilla” as highlight.
- Apply the same black pencil to lower waterline.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara to both your upper and lower lashes.
Here are some more pictures from my trip!
This horse-drawn trolley is complete with a driver dressed in traditional Danish costume. Solvang also has a lot of great places to eat, though if you’re a fan of split pea soup (like my boyfriend) then Pea Soup Andersen’s is a restaurant in Buellton (a small town 3 miles from Solvang) that you should check out!
The weather was perfect for ice cream! I also dropped by Pismo Beach (an hour away from Solvang) to rent a dune buggy. In case you can’t see it in the picture, my yellow nail polish happened to match my helmet and goggles perfectly.