MAC launched a very colorful collection called “To The Beach” last Thursday, May 27, 2010. These are my favorites from the collection:
I bought all of the pencils — 2 lip pencils and 2 eye kohl pencils (these are limited edition, except for “Rosemary & Thyme” which is permanent):
I also got the eyeshadow called “Sweet & Punchy”, a very bright yellow-green color. I already have “Shimmermoss” and “Humid” eyeshadows that are part of the permanent line, so I didn’t purchase them again. This collection also has 2 limited edition powder blushes called “Hipness” and “Get-Away Bronze”, shown on the right.
This is the first look I came up with using 6 items from this collection:
- MAC Paint Pot in “Soft Ochre” (entire lid)
- MAC Limited Edition E/S in “Sweet & Punchy” (lower lid)
- MAC E/S in “Electric Eel” (outer V and blend towards crease)
- MAC E/S in “Shimmermoss” (apply and blend where Sweet & Punchy and Electric Eel meet)
- MAC E/S in “Brule” (highlight)
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in “Black Ink” (upper lash line)
- MAC Limited Edition Eye Kohl in “Float On By” (lower waterline)
- Blinc Kiss Me Mascara in “Black” (top and bottom lashes)
- MAC Limited Edition Powder Blush in “Get-Away Bronze” (contour)
- MAC Limited Edition Powder Blush in “Hipness” (on apples)
- MAC Limited Edition Lip Pencil in “Life’s a Breeze” (along lip line, then fill in entire lip area)
I wore this “To The Beach” look to the beach on Sunday. I had a beach day with some friends and enjoyed yummy hot dogs, hamburgers, and snacks! Here’s a picture of me that day, wearing my hair up using my Quick Hair Trick (without any pencil or anything!) — and it lasted all day.
Hope you all had a great long weekend!