I just got back from a surprise weekend trip to Napa. All I knew prior to the trip was to wear a nice dress for dinner. My boyfriend surprised me by taking me to one of my favorite restaurants for our four-year anniversary — The Restaurant at Meadowood, which has 2 Michelin stars! I came up with this brown makeup look for dinner, since I didn’t want to go too bright or colorful because I didn’t know where we were going. I did want to add something special to the look though, so I added silver Swarovski crystals near my eyes (they’re a lot more sparkly in person!).
- MAC Paint Pot in “Soft Ochre” (entire lid)
- MAC E/S in “Arena” (lower lid, including inner corner)
- MAC Limited Edition Pigment in “Gold Stroke” (applied wet on outer V with a sponge-tipped applicator and MAC Pro Water Base Mixing Medium — click here to see how to make your own homemade mixing medium; blend along crease) — I recently got this at the Las Vegas CCO (Cosmetic Company Outlet)!
- MAC E/S in “Brulé” (highlight)
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in “Black Ink” (upper lash line)
- MAC Prep + Prime Lash (top and bottom lashes)
- MAC Plush Lash Mascara (top and bottom lashes)
- Swarovski flat back crystals (one on each end eyeliner flick; apply with Duo Eyelash Adhesive)
- Benefit Bronzing Powder in “Hoola” (contour)
- MAC Powder Blush in “Sincere” (on apples)
- MAC Lip Pencil in “Hodgepodge” (along lip line, then fill in entire lip area)
- MAC L/S in “Icon”
Here are some pictures taken at the beginning and end of the dinner:
I love ordering Jasmine Pearl Tea at this restaurant, because it comes with rock candy swizzle sticks to sweeten the tea!
If you’re wondering if the Swarovski crystals stayed on the whole day, it did! Just a little bit of Duo Eyelash Adhesive does the trick!