Double eyeliner is another quick look that you can put together when you’re running low on time. This gives you just a bit of color in a very noticeable way. You could also wear double eyeliner on looks with more eyeshadow colors, but I like to wear it when I keep the rest of my eye area very simple. The second (upper) eyeliner that I used is actually MAC Pigment in “Golden Lemon” that I applied with some MAC Pro Eyeliner Mixing Medium and a small angled brush (MAC 266).
- (Optional) To achieve a very clean look, apply a primer similar in color to your skin tone. Then apply a neutral eyeshadow as a wash on your entire lid (click here to read my how-to on eyeshadow washes). Here I used MAC Paint Pot in “Soft Ochre” as a base and MAC E/S in “Brulé” as a wash.
- Line upper lash line with a black color, like Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in “Black Ink” (or use another color of your choice). Then extend the line (create a wing) by following the natural curve/angle of your lower lash line.
- Now take your second eyeliner color and apply it right above the first line. Wing this second line as well by following the curve of the first wing.
- To make both wings appear to merge together at the end, smudge the ends of the wings with a pencil brush like MAC 219 Pencil Brush to fade them out.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara to both your upper and lower lashes.