Sunset Makeup Look

This look is inspired by the colors of the sunset. I kept the bright colors on my lower lid going no higher than my crease, so that the colors will only show up as a thin line when I have my eyes fully open (click on the picture on the bottom where I have my eyes open to see what I mean). If you have a larger area between your upper lash line and crease, then this bright line of colors will show up a bit more.

EYES
– MAC Paint Pot in “Soft Ochre” (entire lid)
– MAC Pro E/S in “Bright Sunshine” (center lid to inner corner, tear duct, and center and inner lower lash line)
– MAC Pigment in “Bright Fuchsia” (applied wet on outer half of lid using a sponge-tipped applicator and MAC Pro Water Base Mixing Medium — click here to see how to make your own homemade mixing medium)
– MAC E/S in “Paradisco” (apply and blend small amount where Bright Fuchsia and Bright Sunshine meet)
– MAC E/S in “Deep Truth” (outer V and blend along crease)
– MAC E/S in “Vanilla” (highlight)
– Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in “Black Ink” (upper lash line; wing out the ends)
– MAC Eye Kohl in “Smolder” (lower waterline)
– Lancome Oscillating Mascara (top and bottom lashes)

CHEEKS
– Benefit Bronzing Powder in “Hoola” (contour)
– MAC Pro Powder Blush in “Cantaloupe” (on apples)

LIPS
– MAC L/S in “Vegas Volt”

LilyJuly 27th, 2010 at 9:20 am

Beautiful, I love how you line your waterline.

IvelinaJuly 27th, 2010 at 9:20 am

Gorgeous!

LollyJuly 27th, 2010 at 1:58 pm

A-maZING!!!

WhitneyJuly 27th, 2010 at 2:04 pm

This is such a fun look. :)
I have a question: on average, how long does it take for a colorful, vibrant look compared to a daily neutral eye?

NessJuly 27th, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Wow! I don’t know why, but this particular eye make-up sort of draws me in. And I’m not just talking about the close-up eye shot. The 2 other pics (with your face) exuded the same effect on me.

It’s like your eyes were surrounded by a conspicuous, positive aura.

WyceeJuly 28th, 2010 at 12:29 am

Thanks everyone! :)

Whitney – it depends. :) When I was in college and had an early class, I would do an eyeshadow wash that only takes a few seconds, literally (click here to read about eyeshadow washes). Any eyeshadow look more complicated than that can take anywhere between 10-20 minutes for my eyes, but it takes me longer because I come up with a new makeup look everyday so that I have new posts to share with you all. I’d say as long as you’re not rushing out the door, give some vibrant looks a shot. When you find some looks that you like, you’ll take less time as you get used to the application. Hopefully this site will help with techniques and eyeshadow color combinations and will save you some time as well. Good luck! :)

Ness – you’re too funny!

NessAugust 1st, 2010 at 8:58 pm

Hahaha! All that talk about auras too new age for your taste?

MAC Peacocky Collection + EOTDJanuary 24th, 2011 at 2:25 am

[…] smokey eye looks lately, because it has a pretty natural look on my lips. This color is similar to MAC “Vegas Volt”, one of my all-time favorite […]