New reader Emily sent me an email saying that she recently found Nerdy Girl Makeup, and she is now obsessed with it! (Aww, thanks Emily! ) She came up with this colorful look using the CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 4 Kit Shadow in “Tropical Fusion”:
- Jemma Kidd Translucent Powder (base)
- Sonia Kashuk Shimmer Loose Mineral Blush in “Angelica” (for an overall glow)
- CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in “Tropical Fusion” – green color (entire lower lid and lower lash line)
- CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in “Tropical Fusion” – blue color (outer V and blend along crease; also apply a thin line on upper lash line)
- CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in “Tropical Fusion” – orange color (blend from the top of the blue color on crease towards brow bone)
- CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in “Tropical Fusion” – lime green color (highlight; blend downwards toward orange color)
- Maybelline The Falsies Volum’Express Mascara (apply two coats to top and bottom lashes)
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Sheer Highlighting Blush in “Fresh” (on apples)
- Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Sheers in “Glimmering Orchid”
The “Tropical Fusion” quad is shown on the left. You can find it at your local drugstore for around $5. This is a great item to have if you want to add some colorful shades to your makeup collection without having to spend too much money.
Brief Bio: Emily is 23 years old, and in addition to working and going to school full time, she is mother of two little girls (both under two). When she has some spare time to herself, she likes to experiment with new looks in makeup and hair, and pamper herself! She also enjoys reading, planning her wedding, and working out. She has a pretty laid back household, and she loves doing things as a family, like visiting the park and the zoo. Emily enjoys daily walks with her older daughter (who also likes to help her mommy with her makeup and hair — how cute! ).
Thanks for sharing your makeup look, Emily!
If you would like to submit your makeup look, send me an e-mail with your pictures, products used and where, and your brief bio to: