My favorite festival of the year was going on this past weekend — the Half Moon Bay Art and Pumpkin Festival! I wore my pumpkin beret for the occasion (the orange hat with green “stem” in the pictures below). I also wore mostly navy blue for the rest of my outfit (shirt, sweater, and jeans), since blue has the greatest contrast with the orange colors at the festival. As a result, I ended up doing an orange and blue makeup look.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance (entire lid)
- MAC E/S in “Paradisco” (inner corner, tear duct, and entire lower lash line)
- MAC E/S in “Rule” (center lower lid; blend where it meets Paradisco)
- MAC E/S in “Deep Truth” (outer V; blend along entire crease)
- MAC E/S in “Ricepaper” (highlight)
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in “Black Ink” (upper lash line)
- MAC Eye Kohl in “Blooz” (lower waterline)
- Maybelline The Falsies Volum’Express Waterproof Mascara in “Very Black” (two coats on top and one coat on bottom lashes)
- Benefit Bronzing Powder in “Hoola” (contour)
- MAC Powder Blush in “Springsheen” (on apples)
- MAC Lip Pencil in “Spice” (along lip line, then fill in entire lip area)
Every year at this festival, a guy named Farmer Mike skillfully carves out huge pumpkins. This year he decided to create Megamind, a super-villain that’s the main character of a DreamWorks movie (of the same name) coming out on November 5, 2010. Here’s a picture of me with Farmer Mike and “Megamind” in the background:
I also stopped by Bob’s Pumpkin Farm after the festival was over to pick out the pumpkin I’ll be carving this year. There were cute scarecrows at the entrance with stands holding some of the smaller pumpkins (shown on the left). I walked around the field where the pumpkins actually grow, and I found the one I wanted (the one I’m pointing to in the picture on the right). Also if you look closely, I’m wearing the super cool Echo Touch gloves I wrote about last Friday.