This is one of the easiest looks I like to do when I’m short on time but still want a little definition on my crease. I also like to wear this Eye of the Day when I wear bold red lipstick or a bright cheek color, because this eye is subtle and nicely balances out vibrant lips/cheeks. Also, since the eye shadows I used are matte, this would look even more flattering with a shimmery lip gloss on top of a bold lipstick.
- Apply a primer on your entire lid. I used MAC Paint Pot in “Soft Ochre”.
- Apply a matte creamy beige eye shadow like MAC E/S in “Blanc Type” as a wash on your entire lid (click here to see how to apply an eyeshadow wash).
- To create depth along your crease, apply a light brown color like MAC E/S in “Wedge” along your crease with a fluffy blending brush. Use a windshield wiper motion to blend out the color.
- Line your upper lash line with a black gel or liquid liner, like Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in “Black Ink”.
- Curl your lashes and apply black mascara to both your upper and lower lashes. I used Maybelline The Falsies Volum’Express Waterproof Mascara in “Very Black” — two coats on the top and one coat on the bottom.