Why, Hello Inglot Cosmetics!

While on vacation in London, I was eager to explore European makeup brands (both high end and drug store) in between checking out all the beautiful castles and historic landmarks. :) Inglot Cosmetics was one of the main brands I was most excited about, since they have a wide range of eye shadow colors like MAC. I also received some Reader Requests to share what I think about other makeup brands as well, so this post will be an introduction to this line of makeup that I’ll be using in upcoming looks. This picture shows everything I hauled from the Inglot store at Westfield London (after 2 separate visits haha). The eye shadows shown in the middle are for two palettes — the rest of the eye shadows are already in the palettes.

Although this is my first time buying Inglot products, this brand has been around for over 25 years. Wojtek Inglot, the Polish-based company’s founder, was a young chemist who used to work in Research & Development for a pharmaceutical company. His aim was to combine the most advanced technology and the best possible ingredients and raw materials to produce high quality products at fair prices. Inglot is known for their unique “Freedom System” that allows you to design a palette (of different shapes and sizes) from a huge range of colors in magnetic pans (round, square, or rectangular shaped). One type of palette holds 10 square eye shadows. I bought four of these palettes, shown on the left. They are magnetic and stackable — you can leave the clear palette covers on them like I did on the right, or you can remove the cover in the middle to make the stack lighter.

The two palettes in the picture below on the left are the colors I chose for my mom. She likes dark purples, dark blues, and neutrals, so I was busy swatching colors on the back of my hand to figure out what colors she would like. If you go to an Inglot store to buy something from the Freedom System, they have metal plates that you use to design your palette. When you see a color that you like, you just pick it up and stick it on the plate, like what I’m doing in the picture on the right. When you buy a particular palette, you have to fill it up completely since the price per palette includes all the colors you fit into it.

Below are the two palettes I got for myself — one colorful palette and one neutral palette. You’ll be seeing these colors in future looks. :) These 10 Eye Shadow Square palettes are 35 British Pound Sterling each (about $57 US). Each eye shadow square is 2.7g. They also have this 10 Eye Shadow palette in a round pan version for 32 pounds (about $52 US), but each eye shadow round is only 1.8g (two thirds the size of the square ones). This palette is actually a great deal compared to MAC custom palettes that hold 15 round 1.5g eye shadows. For example, if you get a MAC custom palette ($14.00) and fill it up with only 10 eye shadow pans (at $11.00 each), it’ll cost you $124.00 before tax (vs. ~$52.00 with tax already included and 0.3g more of each eye shadow).

Here’s how the palette looks like empty (left) and how one of the square eye shadows looks like outside of the palette, front and back. The eye shadow pans are magnetic, and they fit securely in the magnetic palette. Just note though that if you do get a palette, the makeup artist will put the pans in the palette for you — I somehow managed to talk them into leaving the pans in the case (so that I could later take pictures of them and assemble the palette myself).

You can even mix and match eye shadows, concealers, blush, etc. in one palette! Here’s another type of palette that holds one blush, one face powder, and three round products (which could be any combination of eye shadows, lipsticks, concealers, brow powders/waxes). I ended up getting a brow powder and two concealer shades, since I wanted this palette to be something I could reach for when I need to get ready in a hurry.

I also got some other items like eyeliner gels and brush cleaner, but I haven’t taken those out of the boxes yet and I want to wait to write about them after I’ve tried them out. From the eye shadows I have tried already, I’m really loving them so far — the color payoff is amazing and they are smooth and really easy to blend (sometimes a little too easy, which could result in making your eye makeup look muddy if you blend too much). The only drawback I’ve encountered so far is that they have limited locations here in the US. They’re even more limited with only one location in all of England! For this reason, MAC still remains a favorite of mine in terms of eye shadow, blush, and lip products since they are more available (and the colors have names instead of numbers like Inglot products, which is very helpful when I share looks on this site!). You can recreate all the looks I do though with similar colors in any brand you like! But if you can get your hands on Inglot products, I highly recommend giving it a try. :)

DebbieNovember 15th, 2010 at 8:07 pm

woo hoo! inglots! thanks for sharing!

WyceeNovember 15th, 2010 at 9:31 pm

haha :) no prob, Debbie!

Inglot Green and Brown LookNovember 17th, 2010 at 12:05 am

[…] is my first makeup look using Inglot eye shadows. The eye shadows are very smooth to apply and really easy to blend. This green color is […]

Brown with Gold Glitter LookMarch 23rd, 2011 at 12:04 am

[…] used Inglot eye shadows from the Freedom System neutral palette I put together when I visited Inglot’s London location back in November. I also used MAC […]

GianaApril 4th, 2011 at 9:45 am

Do MAC eyeshadows fit in the Inglot round palette?

WyceeApril 8th, 2011 at 1:42 am

Hi Giana,

Two reasons why I haven’t tried putting MAC eye shadow refill pans in an Inglot round palette: 1. When you buy a Freedom System palette from Inglot, you have to fill up all of the slots — you can’t just buy an empty palette; 2. It’s more difficult to remove the pans from the Inglot palettes compared to MAC Pro palettes that have a little indentation where you can easily lift the pan.

I placed one of my MAC refill pans on top of one of the Inglot pans, and it looks like it would fit inside the slot. The MAC refill pans come with slightly less product though (1.5g vs. Inglot round pans’ 1.8g). As a result, the MAC pans might be a bit smaller in diameter or thinner in depth — so even though you could put a MAC pan inside the slot, it might not be a perfect fit.

annaApril 22nd, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Hi,
I don’t know how it is in other countries, but in Poland you don’t have to fill up all the slots. Its just cheaper to buy whole set because you get 10% discount :)

WyceeApril 23rd, 2011 at 12:20 am

Hi Anna! When I bought mine in London last November, I was told by one of their makeup artists that they only sell a single refill pan if you use up one of the pans from a previously purchased full palette (there has to be some kind of proof, like bringing in your palette with the used up pan). In addition, I was actually not even supposed to receive the refill pans for a complete palette in the original packaging — some other person at the store informed the makeup artist I was talking to (after I already paid) that they are supposed to throw out the original packaging and place the pans in the palette themselves. I haven’t been to an Inglot location here in the US or any other Inglot location since then, so I’m not sure if they changed the rules. That’s great that you can buy them individually in Poland though! :)

AnnaHoranJune 17th, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Hey! I was curious would you prefer mac or inglot when it comes to eyeshadows?!

WyceeJune 17th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Hi Anna! If you live nearby an Inglot store or are willing to order online without swatching the colors on your hand first, I’d say definitely get some eye shadows and their extremely matte black “77” gel liner (if you like very black eye liner like I do). I’d buy more Inglot products if there were a location closer to me. But in terms of availability and good quality, you can’t go wrong with MAC eye shadows. I don’t really prefer MAC foundations/face products, but I love their eye shadows, blushes, and lipsticks. The only thing you need to watch out for with Inglot eye shadows is that when you pick up product with a brush, make sure to tap the brush handle on the side of the palette before applying it to your lid (to prevent any fallout). Other than that, the colors are vibrant (some even more than MAC) and stay that way all day. Hope that helps! :)

AnnaHoranJune 21st, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Thank you:) I love this site btw:) Really amazing for all us makeup fanatics :)

LilyJanuary 11th, 2012 at 10:02 am

Thanks for review! Please, tell me what numbers of shades of consealers (64,66…) are in your palette? Thanks!

WyceeJanuary 11th, 2012 at 10:19 am

Hi Lily! The cream concealers I got in this palette are LW 200 and LW 300. :)

NadiaJanuary 18th, 2012 at 2:07 am

Hi,
I was wondering if you have a list of the colours that you put in your Inglot palettes? Sorry if this is a weird request, there are just so many colours there that I love!

Thanks!

WyceeJanuary 20th, 2012 at 2:43 am

Hi Nadia!

Not a weird request at all! :) I don’t have the color #s for the 2 palettes that I got for my mom, but here’s the list of colors for the 2 palettes I got for myself:

Colorful Palette (the one that starts with a pink color; going left to right, top to bottom):
29, 491, 494, 477, 44
474, 372, 504, 428, 483

Neutral Palette (the palette below the Colorful Palette; going left to right, top to bottom):
35, 351, 30, 27, 34
461, 49, 457, 52, 498

Have fun shopping for your Inglot colors! :)

Inglot Gray and Silver Makeup LookMarch 27th, 2012 at 11:04 pm

[…] look features two Inglot eye shadows from my 40-pan Freedom System palette I picked out in Las Vegas last summer but haven’t used until now. One is a silvery white with […]

abypmuaJuly 3rd, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Hi I have always been a fan of MakeUpForEver & Smashbox. I use Mac because of the pro membership but I honestly Mac isn’t my cup of tea. I came across Inglot and would like to know more about it because there isn’t a location near me & I just don’t want to order anything online. Would you describe this as “high end” or “drug store” or in between? Is it comparable to Mac & MUFE or Maybelline and drug store like? How is the texture? does it feels velvety? Because to me, Mac takes longer to blend in matte eyeshadow which I hate. I hope you can help me!! thanks!

WyceeJuly 19th, 2012 at 10:10 am

Hi abypmua,

Inglot definitely makes high-end products. I would say their eye shadows are more similar to MUFE compared to MAC. They go on smoothly and are very easy to blend. Inglot also has a pro discount program. I didn’t have a store near me too, but I sort of planned a vacation around one of the locations haha Going into a store and swatching all the colors to create a Freedom System palette is so much fun!