This Eye of the Day shows how to incorporate gel eyeliners with lots of eye shadows to add even more color to your eye makeup. I used my new Ingot eye shadows and gel liners to create this look, but as with all my looks you can just use similar colors from any brand you like.
- Prime your eye area with a colorless primer or one that is a color that’s similar to your skin tone. I used MAC Paint Pot in “Soft Ochre”.
- Using a dense eye shadow brush, pack on a matte teal color on the center lid. I used Inglot E/S Matte in “372″.
- Apply a shimmery yellow eye shadow (like Inglot E/S D.S. in “477″ — D.S. stands for Double Sparkle) on the inner corner, and blend where it meets the teal color to create a green color between them.
- Apply a shimmery dark purple color on the outer V, and blend along the outer half of your crease. I used Inglot E/S D.S. in “494″.
- For your highlight, use a matte cream color like Inglot E/S Matte in “351″.
- Line your upper lash line with a black liquid or gel liner. Here I used my matte black Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in “77″ for the first time.
- Create a yellow line just above the black line. I used another Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel — a matte yellow “84″.
- To add one more color to the look, apply a lime green color your lower waterline, like the matte Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in “85″.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara to both your upper and lower lashes. I used my current favorite mascara — Maybelline The Falsies Volum’Express Waterproof Mascara in “Very Black” (two coats on the top and one coat on the bottom).
When I came up with this EOTD, I kept my cheeks and lips light to offset all the colors of the eye shadow:
This keeps all the focus on the eyes. However, you can wear a bold color on your lips if you want an even more colorful look!