Inglot Colorful EOTD

This Eye of the Day shows how to incorporate gel eyeliners with lots of eye shadows to add even more color to your eye makeup. I used my new Ingot eye shadows and gel liners to create this look, but as with all my looks you can just use similar colors from any brand you like. :)

1. Prime your eye area with a colorless primer or one that is a color that’s similar to your skin tone. I used MAC Paint Pot in “Soft Ochre”.
  2. Using a dense eye shadow brush, pack on a matte teal color on the center lid. I used Inglot E/S Matte in “372″.
  3. Apply a shimmery yellow eye shadow (like Inglot E/S D.S. in “477″ — D.S. stands for Double Sparkle) on the inner corner, and blend where it meets the teal color to create a green color between them.
  4. Apply a shimmery dark purple color on the outer V, and blend along the outer half of your crease. I used Inglot E/S D.S. in “494″.
  5. For your highlight, use a matte cream color like Inglot E/S Matte in “351″.
  6. Line your upper lash line with a black liquid or gel liner. Here I used my matte black Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in “77” for the first time.
  7. Create a yellow line just above the black line. I used another Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel — a matte yellow “84”.
  8. To add one more color to the look, apply a lime green color your lower waterline, like the matte Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in “85”.
  9. Curl your lashes and apply mascara to both your upper and lower lashes. I used my current favorite mascara — Maybelline The Falsies Volum’Express Waterproof Mascara in “Very Black” (two coats on the top and one coat on the bottom).

When I came up with this EOTD, I kept my cheeks and lips light to offset all the colors of the eye shadow:

This keeps all the focus on the eyes. However, you can wear a bold color on your lips if you want an even more colorful look!

AmandaNovember 27th, 2010 at 5:42 am

woow love this look!! it’s such a colorful look! good for when I’m feeling abit daring :)

xoxo

WyceeNovember 28th, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Thanks Amanda! :)

Inglot AMC Eyeliner GelDecember 6th, 2010 at 12:07 am

[…] body painting gels, but I’m going to stick to using them to line my upper/lower lash line and waterline (the Inglot makeup artist I met with said they are waterline safe). I think these gels dry too fast […]

EmilyFebruary 8th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I LOVE THIS LOOK! I need to get some brighter colors to start experiementing with, are the BH 88 palettes any good??

EmilyFebruary 8th, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Wow, i spelled experiment very wrong on that comment! LOL

WyceeFebruary 8th, 2011 at 10:58 pm

haha Thanks Emily! :) I haven’t tried the BH palettes, but they look similar to the Coastal Scents palettes I use from time to time. I’m very happy with my Coastal Scents 88 ones — here are some links where I used them, so you can see the color payoff:

rachelApril 22nd, 2011 at 1:40 pm

just did this look with my sephora blockbuster (or whatever in heck it’s called) palette from last fall. love it! :D it’s not quite so bright but it’s really cool and iridescent. will send a pic asap! :D

WyceeApril 23rd, 2011 at 12:20 am

Hi Rachel! Can’t wait to see how it turned out! Please send me your pic at request@nerdygirlmakeup.com :)