This makeup look was inspired by the white snow and gray skies of winter that I rarely get to see (here in California). Last February, I rented a cabin with some friends to spend a weekend playing in the snow. The scenic picture below was taken by my multi-talented friend Winnie who captured a moment in time when I took a break from building a snowman with Greg to make a snow angel. I had no idea she was taking pictures of us — otherwise I would have been too shy to do it, but I love how the picture turned out. I incorporated the white and gray colors of this picture in today’s makeup look.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance (to prime lid)
- Inglot E/S AMC Shine in “35″ (pack on entire lower lid with a dense eye shadow brush; also apply along entire lower lash line and lightly apply as highlight)
- MAC E/S in “Knight Divine” (outer V; blend along outer half of crease)
- MAC E/S in “Electra” (apply lightly with a fluffy brush along inner half of crease)
- Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in “77″ (upper lash line)
- MAC Eye Kohl in “Smolder” (lower waterline)
- Maybelline The Falsies Volum’Express Waterproof Mascara in “Very Black” (two coats on top and one coat on bottom lashes)
- Barry M Lip Paint in “53 Coral”
To keep the focus on the eye shadow, I did not use any blush on my cheeks. Any brighter lip color would shift the focus away from the eyes as well, so I used a coral lipstick that’s pretty close to my natural lip color.