Urban Decay “Beauty in a Box” is a limited edition makeup set that’s exclusive to Sephora. This set (valued at $91) came out a few months ago for $52, but it is now on sale for $39. I picked up a box when I saw the lower price at my nearby Sephora store last week. There are two full-sized Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liners in permanent colors “Mullet” green and “Spandex” pewter. I’ve been meaning to get more of these glitter liners at $18 each — $36 for two, so this set was an awesome deal! In addition to these liners, this collection includes a full-sized 0.34 oz Eyeshadow Primer Potion in “Sin”, mini 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils in “Graffiti” (bright green with silver sparkle) and “Oil Slick” (black with silver glitter), a small 0.04 oz Luminous Loose Eyeshadow in Gypsy (limited edition burnished gold pigment), and some Urban Decay Rocks (rhinestones in gold, green, and iridescent). The mini 24/7 pencils are half the size of regular 24/7 pencils (0.02 oz vs. 0.04 oz).
The box also includes a drawing of a makeup look with an explanation of how to use all of the products to create the look. I decided to follow along to see how this makeup would look like in person vs. the drawing. Here’s how the glittery eye shadow turned out:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in “Sin” (from lash line to brows and underneath lower lashes)
- Urban Decay Limited Edition Luminous Loose Eyeshadow in “Gypsy” (from upper lash line to just above crease; blend along crease)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in “Graffiti” (entire lower lash line)
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in “Mullet” (lower lash line, on top of Graffiti)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in “Oil Slick” (upper lash line)
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in “Spandex” (upper lash line, on top of Oil Slick)
- Urban Decay Rocks (apply a few on the outer corners of your eyes with a false eyelash glue like Duo Eyelash Adhesive (not included))
- Maybelline The Falsies Volum’Express Waterproof Mascara in “Very Black” (two coats on top and one coat on bottom lashes)
- Benefit Bronzing Powder in “Hoola” (contour)
- MAC Powder Blush in “Buff” (on apples)
- MAC Limited Edition Kissable Lipcolour in “So Vain”
The “Gypsy” loose eye shadow left my cheeks covered in glitter even with careful application on top of Sin Primer Potion. I recommend applying foundation after you’re done with the eye shadow or just lightly picking up the fallen glitter with a cotton ball. I only tried “Gypsy” dry, so you might end up with less fallout if you apply it wet. On the other hand, the glitter liners were great (as usual), and they stay on very well with no fallout.
Urban Decay “Beauty in a Box” is available in stores and online while supplies last. If you are a glitter fan and don’t have any of these Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liners, then this set is definitely for you!