This simple yet sophisticated makeup look is all about keeping your eye shadow minimal and wearing a bold red lipstick. These are characteristics of old Hollywood glamour. Many of today’s stars like Scarlett Johansson, Angelina Jolie, and Gwen Stefani are often seen wearing this type of vintage makeup for award shows as well as everyday. The best thing about this makeup is that you can wear it during the day and into the night, and it doesn’t take long to do — perfect for special occasions that fall on a work night (like this Valentine’s Day).
- MAC Paint Pot in “Soft Ochre” (entire lid)
- MAC E/S in “Naked Lunch” (apply as a wash on entire lid — click here to read more about this simple technique)
- Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in “77″ (upper lash line)
- Maybelline The Falsies Volum’Express Waterproof Mascara in “Very Black” (two coats on top and one coat on bottom lashes)
- Benefit Bronzing Powder in “Hoola” (contour)
- MAC Sheertone Blush in “Blushbaby” (on apples)
- MAC Lip Pencil in “Cherry”
- MAC L/S in “Lady Danger”
If you haven’t tried wearing red lipstick before, check out my step-by-step technique for applying red lipstick!