Gray, Brown, and White Look

For this look, I applied a shimmery white eye shadow on my lid just below my crease and surrounded it with dark brown and gray colors. The contrast created by using light and dark colors makes this a dramatic nighttime look. I applied a bright pop of color on my lips to make them stand out. I used Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics OCC Lip Tar in “Harlot” — it’s a gorgeous vibrant cherry red with a coral undertone.

EYES
– MAC Paint Pot in “Soft Ochre” (entire lid)
– Inglot E/S Matte in “351″ (highlight)
– Inglot E/S AMC Shine in “35″ (center lid to inner corner, slightly above crease; also apply on tear duct) — this is the white color
– Inglot AMC E/S in “52″ (outer V; blend along outer 3/4 of crease) — this is the dark brown color
– Inglot E/S D.S. in “498″ (blend along outer edge of outer V, on top of 52) — this is the dark gray color
– Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in “77″ (upper lash line)
– Maybelline The Falsies Volum’Express Waterproof Mascara in “Very Black” (two coats on top lashes)
– Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in “01 Black” (one coat on bottom lashes)

CHEEKS
– Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics OCC Skin: Airbrush Foundation in Contour Shade “Rush” (contour)
– Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics OCC Skin: Airbrush Foundation in Blush Shade “Hush” (on apples)

LIPS
– Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics OCC Lip Tar in “Harlot”

Hey this is an awesome look I love it! The perfect blending gave it a wonderful dreamy feel the way the colors just transitioned into the others! I love INGLOT and have done many reviews, FOTDs and posts about them! And the OCC tars are to die for. Im a freelance MUA in NY and I use them often!!! My personal favorites are Anime and NSFW!

MonicaMay 11th, 2011 at 11:56 am

oh girl!! this is BY FAR my favorite one!! I’m so going to do this!

LilyMay 11th, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Oh Wow! I love this look. I love the way the light captures your eyes, it’s so sexy, all you gotta do is wink and it’s yours ;)

LilyMay 11th, 2011 at 12:41 pm

What brush are you using to apply your gel liner?

WyceeMay 13th, 2011 at 8:19 am

Thanks Sherry! Inglot is so awesome! I want to go to Las Vegas just to go to the Inglot store haha :) The OCC Lip Tars are great too, and I love how you only need a tiny amount to make your lips so vibrant!

WyceeMay 13th, 2011 at 8:28 am

Thanks Monica! I want you to try this too – http://www.nerdygirlmakeup.com/2011/05/02/subtle-blue-and-green-look/ :D

WyceeMay 13th, 2011 at 8:30 am

Thanks Lily! I didn’t think to wink — I should do that more often! ;)

As for the brush, for this particular gel liner (Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gels) I love using the MAC 208 — it’s smaller and stiffer than the MAC 266 Small Angle Brush, and I find that it gets inside the inner corners so nicely. The 208 is actually an angled brow brush, but I always use it for lining my eyes. Inglot gel liners have a thicker formula, and the stiffness of this brush gives me better control. Also, this particular matte black color isn’t very forgiving to even the smallest mistake (unless you have a dark eye shadow color right above your entire upper lash line), so I’ve found that I could make the smoothest lines using this brush. When I use MAC Fluidlines or Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliners though, I always use a bent eyeliner brush (mine is SEPHORA COLLECTION Professionnel Platinum Angled Eyeliner Brush #23).

NilaMay 25th, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Hey Wycee!
I couldn’t help but notice your thick eyelashes! – Is it naturally thick or is it the magical works of the Maybelline Falsies? (oh btw, I haven’t tried it eversince I purchased it last week, but hopefully this weekend I will!)

=)

WyceeJune 3rd, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Hi Nila,

Thank you! That’s something a girl loves to hear! ;) Maybelline Falsies definitely helps bring them out. I have a good amount of lashes that are a length I’m happy with (I don’t feel the need to wear false lashes much — I usually save them for special occasions), but my lashes don’t stand out at all when I don’t have mascara on (particularly, *this* mascara since it really helps my lashes stay curled, and it makes my lashes look more voluminous). I have a picture of my lashes with and without Maybelline Falsies mascara in a review I wrote a while back. If you click on the picture there, you can see my bare lashes up close and see the difference this mascara makes. :)

SashaJuly 27th, 2011 at 6:32 am

Hey Wycee! I absolutely ADORE this look, and I am wondering if you could tell me what MAC dupes are for the white, brown, and gray. Thanks :)

WyceeJuly 27th, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Hi Sasha! To create a similar look using MAC, I would try Brulé or Vanilla for highlight, White Frost (although this Inglot AMC Shine “35” is my favorite white shimmer!), Typographic for the gray, and Handwritten for the dark brown. Send me pictures if you get to try it out! I’d love to see how the MAC version looks like :)

SashaJuly 27th, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Thank you so much for answering! Once I get my hands on all of those, I might send pics :)

MontsergirlSeptember 30th, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous! This is exactly what I would love to be able to do!!

Gotham PolishNovember 13th, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Love Inglot eyeshadows! This is a great look :)

WyceeNovember 13th, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Thanks Gotham Polish! :)

CourtneyDecember 14th, 2011 at 9:26 pm

I lovee the way this turned out! it looks so good!

WyceeDecember 15th, 2011 at 2:21 am

Thanks Courtney! :)

CarolJanuary 8th, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Where do you buy Inglot eyeshadows…what a beautiful look!

WyceeJanuary 9th, 2012 at 12:35 am

Thanks Carol! Here’s a link to Inglot store locations:

Depending on where you live, you could also shop online. Here’s the link to the USA website:

If you can make your way to one of their locations (the first Inglot store I went to was during a vacation in London), it’s so much fun to swatch all of their colors! :)

amandaJanuary 18th, 2012 at 2:15 am

so pretty….are you wearing contacts..i am tring to find good ones that look like this!!!

WyceeJanuary 20th, 2012 at 2:26 am

Thanks Amanda! Yes I am, but my contacts are prescription so I order them from my optometrist. Unfortunately the manufacturer discontinued the colored version of my lenses last year. The color is called Sapphire Blue though in case you find something similar. :)

JessicaFebruary 15th, 2012 at 8:54 am

I have such a hard time getting that perfect “V” and shaping/blending above the crease….I always end up going to far or not far enough. I’m sure It’s probably a blending issue, but it’s so frustrating! I want that perfectly shaped look!

KateJune 8th, 2012 at 1:03 am

Looks amazing! Those colors look exceptional with your bright blue eyes – beautiful!!

WyceeJune 15th, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Thanks Kate! :)

scbJune 27th, 2012 at 9:07 am

Hi – I was wondering what brushes you use for the eyeshadows. thanks.

KateJuly 19th, 2012 at 12:37 am

Beautiful!! Love this look.

thelmaJuly 23rd, 2012 at 1:37 pm

hola wycee me encanto el tipo de maquillaje sobre todo los colores pues lucen perfectos donde puedo consequier los ímceles si tienen algun numero y que forman tienen mil gracias

WyceeJuly 24th, 2012 at 12:06 am

Hola Thelma,

All the colors I used are listed above. Depending on where you live, Inglot eye shadows can be purchased online here. They have a few store locations as well that are listed here: http://inglotcosmetics.com/inglot/stores

Hope that helps! :)

PauletteOctober 14th, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Hey Wycee!

You have a beautiful complection! What kind of foundation do you use like primar, foundation, everything! It looks awesome

PhyllisJanuary 17th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Hi Wycee
Love the look of your eyes, I just had a quick question about Inglot E/S AMC in “35” I went to the website and the color looks purplish with white flecks is that correct. Also I couldn’t find E/S D.S. in “498”. and suggestions

SunshinegirlFebruary 3rd, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Hello,

I discovered Inglot because of YOU and I love their eyeshadows. The website is a bit hard to get around, but I do love the colors…Please post more ideas for me.