Bright Green and Yellow Look

Try this fun, bright look on a sunny day out to the beach or a picnic in the park. There are bright pops of yellow and green on the inner and outer part of the lid. I used a paler green color on the center lid as a transition between the two vibrant colors. I also applied eye pencils in a darker green and a gold along the lower lash line to complete the look.

EYES
– MAC Paint Pot in “Soft Ochre” (entire lid)
– MAC E/S in “Chrome Yellow” (inner corner)
– MAC Mineralize E/S Duo in “Fresh Green Mix” (light green color on center lid; blend along inner half of crease)
– MAC Pro E/S in “Bio-Green” (outer lid; blend along outer half of crease)
– Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in “Black Ink” (upper lash line)
– MAC Eye Kohl in “Minted” (lower lash line)
L’Oreal HiP Color Chrome Eyeliner in “Gold Charge” (lower lash line, right below Minted)
– Maybelline The Falsies Volum’Express Waterproof Mascara in “Very Black” (two coats on top and one coat on bottom lashes)

CHEEKS
– Benefit Bronzing Powder in “Hoola” (contour)
– MAC Powder Blush in “Melba” (on apples)

LIPS
– MAC L/S in “Made to Order”

LilyJune 1st, 2011 at 10:15 am

Perfect look for this hot weather! So refreshing and vibrant.

WyceeJune 1st, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Thanks Lily!

LilyJune 2nd, 2011 at 9:24 am

It always amazes me how you line your lower lash line or water line. It’s always perfect, Does it fade or smudge throughout the day?

WyceeJune 3rd, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Hi Lily,

In this particular makeup look, I applied the pencils on my lower lash line so it stays put there pretty easily throughout the day (unless I forget it’s there and accidentally rub it off, which rarely happens anymore haha). You can also set pencils applied on your lower lash line with similar colored (powder) eye shadows.

For my waterline, the results I get depend on what I use. Some of the colorful pencils tend to lose their vibrancy at the end of the day, and parts of the line may fade depending on how teary my eyes get. However, I get great results with black MAC kohl pencils (like Smolder and Feline) — it doesn’t smudge, and I can still see a solid black line at the end of the day, even if it faded a little. To improve staying power, I line my waterline with a kohl pencil 1-2 times initially and do something else like apply mascara (to give me time to blink a few times to allow some of the product to shift). Then I line it 1-2 times again to really lock in the color. :)

AlexSeptember 2nd, 2011 at 8:09 am

Wow, I just think it’s so cool that you did a look using my school colors. Very lovely, as usual.

WyceeSeptember 7th, 2011 at 10:53 am

Thanks Alex! I love wearing my school colors (blue and gold), so I’m glad I have a makeup look using yours! :)