Reader Rachel came up with a muted/pastel version of my Colorful Makeup Look using her Sephora Blockbuster Palette from 2009. This is a great look for anyone who wants to wear lots of colors in a subtle way. I really like how her makeup look turned out and how each color smoothly transitions to the next! Rachel explains what colors she used and where below, so that you can give it a try too! Click on the pictures to get a closer view of her eye shadow. Thanks Rachel!
- CoverGirl Clean Liquid Makeup in “Ivory” (base)
- Shiseido Compact Powder in “Medium” (powder)
- Sephora Blockbuster Palette 2009 — shimmery white/neutrals (on entire lid)
- CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadows in “Lime Alive 425″ (inner half and inner corner of lid)
- Sephora Blockbuster Palette 2009 — light-medium blue located fourth row in, second and fourth down on palette (outer half of lid)
- Sephora Blockbuster Palette 2009 — bright purple located fifth row in, very top of palette (outer V)
- Sephora Blockbuster Palette 2009 — deep purple located fifth row in, third down on palette (crease)
- Sephora Blockbuster Palette 2009 — light purple located fifth row, bottom of palette (outer lower lash line)
- Sephora Blockbuster Palette 2009 — light yellowy-green, more muted than lid/inner corner located second row, bottom of palette (inner lower lash line)
- Almay Liquid Eyeliner in “Black” (upper lash line)
- Maybelline Double Extend Mascara
- CoverGirl Lash Exact Mascara
- Avon True Color Blush in “Golden Glow Light”
Nada, I was off to work
Brief Bio: Rachel is a 20-year-old student in Dallas, Texas double majoring in English and Anthropology. She has loved doing makeup since she was very young; her mother was a Mary Kay consultant, and she used to love playing dress-up. Ever since she has loved playing with makeup on herself and other people.
If you’d like to show us your makeup look as well, send me an e-mail with your pictures, products used and where, and your brief bio to:
Please include at least one of each type of picture: full face, closeup of eye(s) open, and eye(s) closed. Can’t wait to see your makeup looks!