Halloween Makeup Look – Princess Peach
Last year my fiancé and I dressed up as Mario and Princess Peach for Halloween in honor of the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. Princess Peach (originally known as Princess Toadstool) is from the Mushroom Kingdom and is often rescued by Mario (but she saves him too in Super Princess Peach for Nintendo DS — a great game, by the way!). We also got a Yoshi backpack and a Star wand to further accessorize our costumes.
Princess Peach’s makeup is pretty simple — three defined lashes on each eye and pink lipstick. Since I wanted to do a little more with the makeup, I came up with the eye shadow look below using colors inspired by Princess Peach’s dress and blue jewelry. I applied a set of false lashes that have three long lashes on the outer corners, and I added pink and light blue Swarovski crystals to tie in Peach’s jewels. I also wore blue contacts to match her eye color.
– MAC Paint Pot in “Soft Ochre” (entire lid)
– MAC E/S in “Swish” (lid)
– MAC Pro Pigment in “White Frost” (apply wet on tear duct using a sponge-tipped applicator and MAC Pro Water Base Mixing Medium — click here to see how to make your own homemade mixing medium)
– MAC E/S in “Gesso” (highlight)
– MAC Pigment in “Fuchsia” (using the other side of the sponge-tipped applicator, apply wet with mixing medium on outer half of crease)
– MAC E/S in “Typographic” (outer V and outer half of crease, just below Fuchsia pigment)
– Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in “Black Ink” (upper lash line)
– MAC Limited Edition Eye Kohl in “Float On By” (lower waterline)
– Mattese Elite Lashes in “# 307 GR Black” (click here to see how to apply false lashes)
– Maybelline The Falsies Volum’Express Waterproof Mascara in “Black Drama” (two coats on top and one coat on bottom lashes)
– Swarovski flat back crystals (one pink crystal on the outer corner and one light blue crystal on the inner corner; apply with Duo Eyelash Adhesive)
– Benefit Bronzing Powder in “Hoola” (contour)
– MAC Powder Blush in “Pink Swoon” (on apples)
– TEMPTU AIR pod Highlighter in “301 Champagne” (upper half of apples and up towards temples)
– MAC L/S in “Pink Nouveau”
– MAC Limited Edition Dazzle L/S in “Naughty You” (on top of Pink Nouveau)
Here are some pictures from last year’s Googleween, a Halloween party Google throws for their employees every year. You can see my entire costume in the picture on the left. I wore white thigh high stockings to stay warm and a pair of Pastry hot pink ballet flats with a big rhinestone on them. Googleween always has lots of yummy snacks — the picture on the right is of me trying to stuff a candy apple in the pocket of a matching pink North Face jacket I brought in case it got chilly.
There was a really cool “Zombie Machine” area that I haven’t seen before at previous Googleweens. Special effects makeup artists turned humans into zombies throughout the party!
To give you an idea of how some of the zombie makeup turned out, check out Zombie Tony (left) and Zombie Tim (right).
I thought I’d also include this one last picture I took while my fiancé Greg and I were getting ready to head home after the party — driving on the freeway felt like real life Mario Kart!
Princess Peach is such a fun costume to wear, especially if you like video games like me. I still haven’t figured out what to wear to this year’s Googleween, but I’m thinking of dressing up as Princess Peach again this year to pass out candy on Halloween night!