I recently had the opportunity to try out several mineral eye shadows from Beauty From The Earth. Crystal, President of BFTE Cosmetics, sent me this 16-piece sample set that comes with a tin case. Each sample comes with 0.5g of product. These samples actually last quite a while if you like to experiment with different color combinations like I do. I’ve had this set for almost a month now, and I have enjoyed wearing these eye shadows (and received lots of compliments from strangers too!). Some of the colors have particularly stood out to me because of their color payoff, as you can see in the makeup look I came up with towards the end of this review. They are also really easy to blend!
I swatched all 16 eye shadow colors I received in the four pictures below. Each picture corresponds to each row in the tin. Here are the color descriptions starting from the top row going left to right. Candy Shop is a light pink with cool toned shimmer — it’s very shimmery and reminds me of cotton candy. Lava Momma is a raspberry red. This color can be found in BFTE Cosmetic’s Addicted To Pink Collection. Aphrodite is a light blue purple with pink shimmer, and Midnight Kisses is a grape purple.
The second row begins with Chaos, a gorgeous warm coral peach/pink with gold/peach shimmer. Dew Drop is a pinkish purple with greenish gold duochrome. Duochromes are a lot of fun to try out, because they shift between two different colors depending on the way light hits them. Laguna is a unique muted sky blue color, and Electric is a bright blue.
Lavish is the first color I immediately wanted to try — it’s a fun green-yellow with medium sheen. Sour is vibrant kelly green, and Walking on Water is a light teal with gold shimmer. Atomic Teal is a shimmery blackened teal. I love how the teal shimmer really stands out! The last row starts with Yellow Brick Road, a light but bright yellow that you can also find in The Wizard of Oz-Some Collection. Guipure is a shimmery light gold, Bubbly is a pink champagne, and Gable is a pretty brown with gold/green shimmer.
Here’s a makeup look I came up with using 5 of these sample colors — look how vibrant they are!
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance (entire lid and lower lash line)
- BFTE Cosmetics Mineral E/S in “Guipure” (highlight)
- BFTE Cosmetics Mineral E/S in “Lavish” (center lid to inner corner; also apply on tear duct and inner half of lower lash line)
- BFTE Cosmetics Mineral E/S in “Lava Momma” (center lid; blend where it meets Lavish)
- BFTE Cosmetics Mineral E/S in “Midnight Kisses” (outer V; blend along outer 2/3 of crease)
- BFTE Cosmetics Mineral E/S in “Electric” (outer half of lower lash line; blend where it meets Lavish)
- Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in “77″ (upper lash line)
- Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in “85″ (lower waterline)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Waterproof Extra Black Mascara (two coats on top and one coat on bottom lashes)
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base (contour)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in “Exposed” (on apples)
- MAC L/S in “Captive”
You can purchase your own 16-piece sample set by clicking here. You get to choose which 16 mineral samples you want, and they don’t have to just be eye shadows — you can select foundation, blush, highlighter, and bronzer colors too! This set is $29.00, which comes out to $1.81 per sample if you don’t count the hinged-lid travel tin it comes with into the price. Individual sample jars also can be purchased for $2.00 each. Check them out at www.bftecosmetics.com!
Disclaimer: Products in this review were given for consideration by BFTE Cosmetics. Nerdy Girl Makeup does not represent any advertiser, affiliate, organization, public relations firm, or company. Opinions expressed are based on the author’s personal experience and research, without influence in any way. Nerdy Girl Makeup does not accept compensation for product reviews and does not guarantee reviews.