Although I like how Chanel Illusion d’Ombre Long Wear Eyeshadow in “Mirifique” looks as a sparkly eye liner, this glamorous black smokey eye is how I envisioned using Mirifique all along. The sparkle is like no other black eye shadow I’ve come across, and there are no fallout thanks to its unique formula that combines the best qualities of gel (long wearing/doesn’t budge once set), cream (thickness/color intensity), and mousse (lightweight/easy to blend)! I like how Mirifique is so sparkly but doesn’t make you look like a disco ball — it’s like a sophisticated sparkle.
- Laura Mercier Eye Basics in “Wheat” (prime entire lid)
- Chanel Illusion d’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in “85 Mirifique” (lower lid; also apply on outer half of lower lash line)
- Make Up For Ever E/S in “35″ — Buff; barely there pink (highlight)
- Milani E/S in “Storm” (apply and blend on outer V and along entire crease)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in “Perversion” (upper lash line)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Waterproof Extra Black Mascara (two coats on top and one coat on bottom lashes)
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base (contour)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in “Exposed” (on apples)
- Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colour in “05 Mademoiselle”
You can even get away without wearing any primer underneath Mirifique, and it will still last all day and still look great (but I always use primer anyway out of habit). If you want to see how Mirifique compares to a black smokey eye I created using a shimmery MAC pigment, check out my Classic Black Smokey Eye Look. If you love sparkles, Mirifique is just gorgeous!