I’ve always been a big fan of shimmery gold eye shadow (even my very first MAC eye shadow was a limited edition gold called “Bagatelle”), so I was really excited when I came across Chanel Illusion d’Ombre Long Wear Eyeshadow in “89 Vision” when I was in Germany earlier this month. Vision is jam-packed with gold sparkle that can be used to create a very bold gold look as well as just to add something special to an everyday look, like I did in today’s makeup look.
- Laura Mercier Eye Basics in “Wheat” (prime entire lid)
- Make Up For Ever E/S in “35″ — Buff; barely there pink (highlight)
- Chanel Illusion d’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in “89 Vision” (center lid to inner corner)
- Make Up For Ever E/S in “17″ — Espresso; matte chocolate brown (outer V; blend along entire crease)
- Make Up For Ever E/S in “4″ — Black; matte black (apply a smaller V on outer V to create some depth)
- Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in “77″ (upper lash line)
- Chanel Le Crayon Khôl Intense Eye Pencil in “75 Peche Cuivre” (lower lash line)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Waterproof Extra Black Mascara (two coats on top and one coat on bottom lashes)
- Chanel Double Perfection Compact Natural Matte Powder Makeup in “150 Honey – Ultime” (contour)
- MAC Powder Blush in “Cubic” (on apples)
- Dior Diorskin Shimmer Powder in “002 Amber Diamond” (upper half of apples and up towards temples)
- MAC L/S in “Touch”
Chanel Illusion d’Ombre eye shadows have a unique formula that combines the best qualities of gel (long wearing/doesn’t budge once set), cream (thickness/color intensity), and mousse (lightweight/easy to blend), so these make it really easy to apply shimmer and wear it all day with little to no fallout!