I remember reading a comment from Monica on my Glittery Teal and Brown Look about how she wasn’t comfortable wearing blue and green eye shadows. I sent her a link (see the comment thread here) to one of my makeup looks that combines both blue and green that I wanted her to try someday. This past weekend I got an email from Monica saying that after a few tries, she now LOVES blues and greens! Not only is she used to wearing these colors now, she feels confident wearing them too! Here’s how her makeup turned out!
- Almay Clear Complexion Liquid Makeup in “Sand 260″
- Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder in “Light 01″
- Almay Intense i-Color Eyeshadow in “Trio for Hazels” — cream color (highlight/brow bone)
- mix of colors from different Avon palettes for blue and green colors (lid, outer V, and lower lash line)
- Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in “Black” (upper lash line)
- Maybelline Line Express Eyeliner — black color (waterline)
- Max Factor 2000 Calorie Dramatic Look Mascara in “Black” (upper lashes)
- Victoria Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in “I Want Candy” — she says this is minty and makes her lips feel refreshed!
Brief Bio: Monica is from Costa Rica in Central America. She is interested in aviation and works as a flight control agent. She loves makeup and really enjoys doing her nails. Monica has two adorable cats named Ginger and Nefertiti that are her babies. Special shout out to her mom and little brother who she loves so much!
I also felt uncomfortable when I started to branch out of neutral colors many years ago (especially when I first tried red lipstick), but now I love wearing blues, greens, and any pretty much any color! It’s all about just getting used to seeing yourself wearing new colors and some practice applying and blending them out.
Thank you Monica for sharing your makeup experiences with me over the years and constantly giving me feedback on my site! I love hearing about how Nerdy Girl Makeup has helped and inspired people around the world to be more creative and confident with their makeup! <3
If you'd like to share your makeup look, send me an e-mail with your pictures, products used and where, and your brief bio to:
Please include at least one of each type of picture: full face, closeup of eye(s) open, and eye(s) closed. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!