For my first makeup look using the Urban Decay Smoked Palette, I came up with a basic neutral smokey eye that can be worn during the day and into the night. I used three colors: Kinky (matte ivory), Mushroom (shimmery warm pale gray), and Barlust (metallic dark golden brown). Kinky and Barlust are new and exclusive to this palette. I really like how applying Mushroom on the lid turned out — it’s a subtle gray that adds something special to a typical brown smokey eye.
- Laura Mercier Eye Basics in “Wheat” (prime entire lid)
- Urban Decay Smoked Palette E/S in “Kinky” (highlight)
- Urban Decay Smoked Palette E/S in “Mushroom” (lower lid, just above crease)
- Urban Decay Smoked Palette E/S in “Barlust” (outer V; blend along entire crease)
- Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in “77″ (upper lash line)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Waterproof Extra Black Mascara (two coats on top and one coat on bottom lashes)
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base (contour)
- Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in “68 Rose Écrin” (on apples)
- Chanel Le Crayon Lèvres Precision Lip Definer in “47 Rose Cuivre”
- Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in “36 La Câline”
If you have a favorite smokey makeup look using the Smoked palette, I’d love to see it! Send me an e-mail with your pictures, products used and where, and your brief bio to:
Please include at least one of each type of picture: full face, closeup of eye(s) open, and eye(s) closed. Yours could be the next featured look!