Lucky Star Makeup Look
I’ve been incorporating stars in some of my nighttime makeup looks ever since I got my hands on “Good Luck Star” stencils from the MAC & Carine Roitfeld Collection. They’re really easy to apply and a lot of fun to wear! I like to change up the quantity, placement, and colors of the stars, but for this look I just stuck to the 2 different-sized stars that come in one stencil, only applied it next to my left eye, and used black for both stars.
These stencils are fairly pricey at $18.00 for two sheets of 10 press-on, peel-off stencils (that’s $0.90 each), so I’m determined to make my own using tape and a star hole punch. I’ll report back once I find a hole punch with a small enough star size (I’ve only found really big star punches so far at my local craft store). I like the perfect star shape the stencil provides, but I think it would be just as cute to freehand it if you don’t have a stencil or a star punch!
– Laura Mercier Eye Basics in “Wheat” (prime entire lid)
– Make Up For Ever E/S in “35″ — Buff; barely there pink (highlight)
– Dior 1-Colour Ultra-Smoothing High Impact Eyeshadow in “026 Chrome” (center lid to inner corner; also apply on tear duct)
– Dior 1-Colour Ultra-Smoothing High Impact Eyeshadow in “056 Argentic” (outer V; blend along outer half of crease)
– Make Up For Ever E/S in “4” — Black; matte black (outer V, on top of Argentic to create some depth)
– L’Oreal HiP Color Chrome Eyeliner in “920 Gold Charge” (lower lash line)
– MAC E/S in “Gorgeous Gold” (lower lash line, on top of Gold Charge)
– Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel in “77″ (upper lash line and stars)
– Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Waterproof Extra Black Mascara (two coats on top and one coat on bottom lashes)
– Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base (contour)
– Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in “68 Rose Écrin” (on apples)
– Chanel Le Crayon Lèvres Precision Lip Definer in “47 Rose Cuivre”
– Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in “36 La Câline”
The colors I used in this makeup look were inspired by the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in “470 Lust-rous” that I wore for New Year’s Eve.